Welcome to Marauders Simulated! This is a Harry Potter roleplaying community that will take place at Hogwarts during the Marauders' Era (the time when Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were at school.)
If you would like to apply for a place here, please go to this post for the application form. As it says there, we would like to keep this within our known friends but we are most definately open to meeting new people!
Rules: Much as we all wish we didn't need them, rules are necessary. These are probably only temporary until we've got everything up an running and so, for now, are subject to change.
1) Please fill up original characters (that appear in the books) before making up original characters. For example, before making up Sarah Jones, take the character Frank Longbottom. There is a list of 'needed' characters here.
2) Put all posts behind an LJ cut. For those who don't know how to do it: [lj-cut text="Your text here"] Your post here [/lj-cut] - only with <...> instead of [...]. Please put up appropriate warnings (if they're necessary) and a rating.
3) In the subject, please put your character's name, then a colon, followed by the subject, so that people will know what you're going to talk about and who you are. For example: Frank Longbottom: Date with Alice.
4) Don't flame others for what they have written. It's not fair when they have probably spent a long time working out what to put and writing it out. If you don't agree with what they have put, then please just don't comment. Even better - don't read it! There are warnings!
5) Don't be nasty about someone else's character just because you don't like the person playing them. If you've worked out a storyline with that person or it's in the canon (eg: Snape and Sirius bitching about one another) then just don't do it. If we recieve too many complaints about you, you'll be banned.
6) Have fun! This is the most important rule of all to us - we just want everyone to have a good time and enjoy RPing with us!
7) This is more for our convenience than anything; it isn't really a rule, it would just be nice if you did. If you won't be able to post in the community for a while, please post something saying that you won't be able to post so that people know, and (if you can) think up an 'excuse' for your character to be gone.
Please keep to the rules at all times. Thankyou.
Please try to participate in the RP as much as you can - we don't want this to last five minutes and then the whole comm. to die on us! We're not ordering you to post every day, or anything, just as often as you can and want to. If you can't or don't want to participate any longer, then please let us know so we can possibly get someone else to play your character if you're on the 'needed' list. ~The Mods.